Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2.5 DaysCourse Duration
About this course:
DCICN will introduce the students to the three primary technologies that are used in the Cisco Data Center. The introductory level of knowledge that is taught in the course is targeted for individuals that will perform only the more basic configuration tasks. The course labs will focus on viewing configurations, but not on making configuration changes or creating new topologies. This course also helps the students in the preparation for Cisco: 200-150 DCICN exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
- CS-CCNA-Data-Center v6.0 Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Data Center Training Boot Camp v6.0 (CS-CCNA-Data-Center v6.0)
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
- Ethernet communication functions and standards
- OSI and TCP/IP models
- Routing process on Nexus switches
- Compare storage connectivity options in the data center
- Fibre Channel name server and fabric login (FLOGI) process
- Network administrators, engineers, designers, and managers
- Cisco integrators/partners
- Systems engineers
- Consulting systems engineers
- Technical solutions architects
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Good understanding of the VMware environment
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Basic Internet usage skills
- ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 v3.0
- DCICT: Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies v6.0
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Network Protocols and Host-to-Host Communication
- Ethernet Functions and Standards
- Ethernet Hardware and Switching
- OSI and TCP/IP Models
- IPv4 and IPv6 Network Layer Addressing
- Packet Delivery on a Hierarchical Network
- TCP/IP Transport Layer
Module 2: Basic Data Center Networking Concepts
- Data Center Network Architectures
- the Cisco Nexus Family and NX-OS
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
Module 3: Advanced Data Center Networking Concepts
- Routing Process on Nexus Switches
- Routing Protocols on Nexus Switches
- Layer 3 First Hop Redundancy
- AAA on Nexus Switches
- ACLs on Nexus Switches
Module 4: Basic Data Center Storage
- Storage Connectivity Options in the Data Center
- Fibre Channel Storage Networking
Module 5: Advanced Data Center Storage
- Communication Between Initiator and Target
- Fibre Channel Zone Types and Their Uses
- Cisco NPV Mode and NPIV
- Data Center Ethernet Enhancements
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet
Module 6: Cisco UCS Architecture
- Cisco UCS Server Hardware Components
- Cisco UCS Physical Connectivity for a Fabric Interconnect Cluster
- Cisco UCS Manager Interfaces
Lab 1: Use the DCICN Lab System
Lab 2: Explore LAN Communication
Lab 3: Explore Protocol Analysis
Lab 4: Explore TCP and UDP Communication
Lab 5: Explore the Cisco NX-OS Command Line Interface
Lab 6: Explore Topology Discovery and Documentation
Lab 7: Implement VLANs and Trunks
Lab 8: Map a Spanning Tree and Configure Port Channels
Lab 9: Implement Multilayer Switching
Lab 10: Configure OSPF
Lab 11: Configure EIGRP
Lab 12: Configure HSRP
Lab 13: Configure AAA and Secure Remote Administration
Lab 14: Configure ACLs
Lab 15: Configure VSANs
Lab 16: Validate FLOGI and FCNS
Lab 17: Configure Zoning
Lab 18: Explore the Cisco UCS Manager GUI
Lab 19: Calculate Decimal, Binary, and Subnet
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2.5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's