Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm CST
Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.1 - On Demand
About Individual Course:
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
About this course:
This course teaches you skills to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco® MDS 9000 Series Switches, allowing you to build highly available, scalable storage networks.
Through a combination of instructor video, text, and extensive hands-on practice, you will learn how to deploy and use capabilities such as virtual storage area networks (VSANs), role-based access control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. You will also learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone merges.
Upon completing this course, you will be fully prepared to take the Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN) exam, passing which will lead to CCNP Data Center and the Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe key product features of the MDS platform, including VSANs, RBAC, NPV, port channels, zoning, device aliases, inter-VSAN routing (IVR), and fabric security
- Describe and implement state-of-the-art product features, including NX-API, slow-drain analysis, SAN Analytics and 32-GB Fibre Channel interfaces
- Discover and describe the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform of multilayer switches and directors. Describe the MDS hardware, Cisco NX-OS operating system, Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) management software, and key architectures of the platform, such as Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Configure FCIP tunnels
- Configure and implement the Cisco MDS switches and platform features, such as initial configuration, building a fabric, building a SAN extension, and configuring inter-VSAN routing for that purpose
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot Fibre Channel domains, zones and zone merges, and switch boot and firmware upgrades
- Technical decision makers
- Network architects
- Cisco integrators and partners
- Data center systems engineers
- Data center field engineers
- Data center architects
You should have the following knowledge and skills to fully benefit from this course:
- Basic routing and switching knowledge
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
These are the recommended Cisco courses that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT)
Career & Salary Insight
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||40 Hours|
Monthly Payments With Affirm
QuickStart and Affirm have teamed up to offer you financing, allowing you to pay off your purchase over time, on your own terms. Simply select Affirm in checkout, and you will need to take a few moments to fill out some information for a real-time decision. Checking your eligibility and terms won't affect your credit score. Once you are qualified, you will have the option to choose from 3, 6, 12, 18 or 26-month financing terms*, with each term clearly showing your monthly payment. No hidden fees or costs! it's that simple!
Rates are between 0-30% APR. As an example, a $700 purchase might cost $63.24/mo for 12 months at 15% APR. A down payment may be required. Subject to eligibility check and approval. Payment options depend on your purchase amount. Estimated payment excluded taxes and shipping fees. Paid interest is nonrefundable. Actual terms may vary. Payment options through Affirm are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Visit affirm.com/help for more info.