This course prepares you for the 70-744 Exam leading to 70-744 Certification. This course does not include the Official Exam Voucher, however, you can request to purchase the Official Exam Voucher separately.
About this Course:
As technology becomes an integral part of almost all industries today, it is pertinent to remember that no business can be entirely successful without utilizing modern tech. Microsoft is a key player in this tech revolution and Windows is used as an Operating system by many big organizations. Hence , it is safe to assume that the demand for Microsoft Windows administrators will only increase in the future. But those experts have to stay up to date with the latest tech. Currently , the average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $69,077 per annum.
This is an advanced level certification course which aims to guide IT experts regarding the techniques which they can use to improve the security of the IT infrastructure which they administer. This course delves into the significance of assuming that the network has already been breached and being prepared to handle such a situation. It focuses on teaching skills needed to protect administrative credentials and rights. This is to guarantee that only administrators can have access and carry out tasks which are needed to be performed and only when they deem necessary.
This course also focuses on teaching participants how to assess and effectively handle malware threats. It also helps students learn how to recognize security problems by the effective utilization of auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016. This course will help you learn how to protect your virtualization platform and work with novel deployment options including Nano server and containers to tighten security.
Primarily , this course is designed to help participants prepare for the Microsoft 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016 exam and successfully clear it.
By the end of this course, the students should be have learnt the following skills and be able to;
- Learn how to effectively secure a Windows Server.
- Learn how to protect application development and a server workload infrastructure.
- Gain the skills needed to manage security baselines.
- Learn how to efficiently configure and manage just enough and just-in-time (JIT) administration.
- Learn how to handle data security.
- Gain the knowledge needed to configure Windows Firewall and a software-defined distributed firewall.
- Learn how to properly secure network traffic.
- Learn how to secure your virtualization infrastructure.
- Assess for malware and threats and handle them .
- Learn how to configure advanced auditing.
- Easily manage software updates.
- Effectively handle threats by using Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA) and Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
This course is targeted towards the following audience;
- Those IT experts who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks in a safe fashion. It is expected that these professionals usually work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments but with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
These are the prerequisites which are an absolute requirement for attending this course.
- A strong and comprehensive understanding of the basics of networking for exampleTCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Domain Name System (DNS).
- An extensive , working knowledge of the principles of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- A broad understanding of the fundamentals of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization.
- A tight grasp on the security principles followed by Windows Server.
Suggested prerequisite course:
The following courses are suggested to be taken prior to attending this course
- LFS265 - Software Defined Networking Fundamentals
- 70-742: Managing Active Directory Objects in Windows Server 2016
- Securing Windows Server 2016 - MOC On Demand (MS-20744)