Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm CST
Cisco Ultra M Deployment and Operations (SPMBL301) v1.0 - On Demand
About Individual Course:
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
About this course:
This course will help you learn the hardware components of the Cisco Ultra M virtual packet core solution, including the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) C240 M4S (Small Form Factor) servers and Cisco Nexus® spine and leaf switches.
The course also covers the software components of the solution, including the Ultra M virtual network function (VNF) architecture, the OpenStack Virtual Infrastructure Manager (VIM), and the Cisco Elastic Services Controller and how the different components operate. Lastly, you will learn how the virtual packet core distributed instance (VPC-DI) operates.
Ultra M is a pre-packaged deployment model designed to simplify the deployment of VNFs. The solution combines the Cisco Ultra Services Platform™ architecture, Cisco validated OpenStack infrastructure, and Cisco networking and computing hardware platforms into a fully integrated and scalable stack. As such, Ultra M provides the Ultra Automation Services (UAS) suite of automation tools to instantiate and provide basic lifecycle management for VNF components on a complete OpenStack VIM.
This Ultra M model is a VPC-DI deployment option and distributes the processes across multiple virtual machines (VMs) in a manner that is similar, but not identical, to the distribution of processes across multiple SMC, PSC, and LC cards in a Cisco Aggregation Services Router (Cisco ASR) 5000 Series chassis. It addresses scaling and redundancy by extending the StarOS boundaries beyond a single VM.
This course covers the operation and administration of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system as it pertains to the Ultra M Undercloud and Overcloud deployments, since Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the underlying operating system used in the Ultra M deployment. What this course does not cover, is how to configure the StarOS component of the use cases, such as SAEGW, ePDG, or MME/SGSN, that are part of the Ultra M deployment model.
You will have the following skills after taking this course:
- Describe the Cisco hardware components used in the Cisco Ultra virtualized packet core solution
- Deploy the Ultra M Solution and Ultra Automation Services Tools
- Use the Elastic Services Controller virtual network function manager to maintain and operate the Ultra M virtualized packet core solution.
- Identify the Openstack components and functions used in the Cisco Ultra virtualized packet core solution.
- Describe Ultra services platform virtual network function components.
- Identify potential issues and maintenance items in the Ultra M virtualized packet core solution.
The primary audience for this course is technical professionals who will be deploying or have deployed the Ultra M virtual packet core solution in their network, such as:
- Systems engineers
- Channel partners and resellers
- Technical support personnel
You should have the following knowledge and skills to take full advantage of this course:
- Familiarity with the operation and administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Familiarity with TripleO (OpenStack on OpenStack)
- Cisco Service Provider Mobility Foundation LTE (LTE100) (or equivalent knowledge)
- Cisco Service Provider Mobility Intermediate LTE (LTE200) (or equivalent knowledge)
Career & Salary Insight
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||40 Hours|
Monthly Payments With Affirm
QuickStart and Affirm have teamed up to offer you financing, allowing you to pay off your purchase over time, on your own terms. Simply select Affirm in checkout, and you will need to take a few moments to fill out some information for a real-time decision. Checking your eligibility and terms won't affect your credit score. Once you are qualified, you will have the option to choose from 3, 6, 12, 18 or 26-month financing terms*, with each term clearly showing your monthly payment. No hidden fees or costs! it's that simple!
Rates are between 0-30% APR. As an example, a $700 purchase might cost $63.24/mo for 12 months at 15% APR. A down payment may be required. Subject to eligibility check and approval. Payment options depend on your purchase amount. Estimated payment excluded taxes and shipping fees. Paid interest is nonrefundable. Actual terms may vary. Payment options through Affirm are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Visit affirm.com/help for more info.