From 0 to 1: JavaFX and Swing for Awesome Java UIs
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
0 Learners Have Enrolled For This Course
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 836 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
0 Learners Have Enrolled For This Course
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
About this course:
- Hundreds of lines of source code with hundreds of lines of code - just download and open in your IDE
A definitive guide to JavaFX, and a comprehensive guide to Swing are packed into this intensely practical, quirky guide to building awesome UIs in Java
Let’s parse that.
- This course is a definitive guide to JavaFX: every important part of the framework is covered in great detail, with sophisticated examples and context
- The course is a comprehensive guide to Swing: you will be able to build sophisticated, clean Swing apps, and employ every important technique.
- The course is intensely practical, packed with dozens of examples and hundreds of lines of included source code.
- The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
The average salary for a Java Developer skills is $69,722 per year.
- Swing: Framework basics; JFrames, JPanels and JComponents; Menus and menu handling; Trees and their nuances; File choosers, buttons, browser controls
- Design: The MVC Paradigm, Observer and Command Design Patterns; Dependency Injection via FXML
Programming Drills (code-alongs, with source code included)
- A News Curation app to summarise newspaper articles into a concise email snippet
- Animated GIF generation, using Java Image libraries as well multi-threading support
- A fully fledged Media Player to play MP3 and MP4 files; complex wiring up of UI elements to make sure the little details (volume control, position sliders) work right
- 2D Animations to rival those available in Powerpoint and other presentation software
- 3D Animations including moving cameras, rotation and transition of 3D shapes
- Bubble Charts and Tables to represent revenue, market valuation and growth of a set of companies - a business app as good as Excel
- SceneBuilder and FXML support, so that design and implementation can be divvied up between designers and software engineers
- Yep! UI engineers looking for a definitive resource on JavaFX, the future of Java UI programming
- Yep! UI engineers looking for a comprehensive first-principles guide to Swing, the most popular UI programming framework right now
- Yep! Back-end engineers seeking a one-stop-shop course for building awesome front-ends
- Nope! This course is not right for you if you are looking for a Programming 101 course. You should have a good grasp of programming, ideally in Java, to benefit from this course
- Nope! This course is probably not right for you if you are a product manager or tech investor - this course is pretty much exclusively focused on the "how", not the "what"
- Basic understanding of Java
- Programming expertise at the level of a Programming 101 Class, preferably in Java.
Suggested Prerequisite Course:
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||10 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Web development Instructor
Brian Hernandez has been in the development field for over a decade. Brain works extensively with Full Stack Web Development, MEAN Stack, MEMR (Mango, Express, MySQL, React) Stack and other Modern Web Frameworks.
Brian is a consultant, and his company is currently catering to clients to want to improve their online presence or build one from scratch. He has worked with high profile companies, helping them move them to digital, both for in-housework, and for having a digital presence for their external stakeholders.
This Subscription Includes:
250+ Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
Virtual Classroom Courses
Our virtual instructor-led courses give you access to live instructors training you with other live students in a virtual classroom environment.< Play Video >
900+ Self-Paced Courses
Online Self-Paced Courses
Take self-paced online courses at your convenience and own pace, with unlimited access to courses in various emerging technologies.
E-books, blogs, & case studies
E-books blogs, case studies, articles
As part of informal learning, our platform will recommend E-books, whitepapers, case studies, articles, and videos. This is AI curated content closely aligned with your learning objectives.
Set yourself on the right path with self-assessments that allow you to gauge what you already know. Assessments then personalize your learning paths, and allow you to focus only on what you need to succeed.
Full Learning Dashboard & Analytics
Access all your enrolled, completed, course statistics, and community discussions from one centralized and intuitive learning dashboard with built in analytics, course tracking, time spent, and more.
Engage with other learners where you can directly chat, ask questions, and socialize with other learners experts and instructors on a course subject.
Videos and lectures only go so far. Get real world, hands-on practice with virtual labs (not available for all courses).
Mentoring & Discussions
Live Instructor Mentoring & Support
Get your IT problems solved through a community of mentors, experts and peers. Get live help from experts to answer questions on course material or guidance on a project.
Start a learning pathway towards understanding and mastering your career. With QuickStart career paths, you can fully understanding and being the best in your field.
Access to AI curated content from various content publishers which can help in self-directed learning.