From 0 to 1: JavaFX and Swing for Awesome Java UIs
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 911 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
You have already taken demo for this course.
If you want to get access to demo again, feel free to contact our support at (855) 800-8240
About this course:
- Hundreds of lines of source code with hundreds of lines of code - just download and open in your IDE
A definitive guide to JavaFX, and a comprehensive guide to Swing are packed into this intensely practical, quirky guide to building awesome UIs in Java
Let’s parse that.
- This course is a definitive guide to JavaFX: every important part of the framework is covered in great detail, with sophisticated examples and context
- The course is a comprehensive guide to Swing: you will be able to build sophisticated, clean Swing apps, and employ every important technique.
- The course is intensely practical, packed with dozens of examples and hundreds of lines of included source code.
- The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
The average salary for a Java Developer skills is $69,722 per year.
- Swing: Framework basics; JFrames, JPanels and JComponents; Menus and menu handling; Trees and their nuances; File choosers, buttons, browser controls
- Design: The MVC Paradigm, Observer and Command Design Patterns; Dependency Injection via FXML
Programming Drills (code-alongs, with source code included)
- A News Curation app to summarise newspaper articles into a concise email snippet
- Animated GIF generation, using Java Image libraries as well multi-threading support
- A fully fledged Media Player to play MP3 and MP4 files; complex wiring up of UI elements to make sure the little details (volume control, position sliders) work right
- 2D Animations to rival those available in Powerpoint and other presentation software
- 3D Animations including moving cameras, rotation and transition of 3D shapes
- Bubble Charts and Tables to represent revenue, market valuation and growth of a set of companies - a business app as good as Excel
- SceneBuilder and FXML support, so that design and implementation can be divvied up between designers and software engineers
- Yep! UI engineers looking for a definitive resource on JavaFX, the future of Java UI programming
- Yep! UI engineers looking for a comprehensive first-principles guide to Swing, the most popular UI programming framework right now
- Yep! Back-end engineers seeking a one-stop-shop course for building awesome front-ends
- Nope! This course is not right for you if you are looking for a Programming 101 course. You should have a good grasp of programming, ideally in Java, to benefit from this course
- Nope! This course is probably not right for you if you are a product manager or tech investor - this course is pretty much exclusively focused on the "how", not the "what"
- Basic understanding of Java
- Programming expertise at the level of a Programming 101 Class, preferably in Java.
Suggested Prerequisite Course:
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||10 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Web development Instructor
Brian Hernandez has been in the development field for over a decade. Brain works extensively with Full Stack Web Development, MEAN Stack, MEMR (Mango, Express, MySQL, React) Stack and other Modern Web Frameworks.
Brian is a consultant, and his company is currently catering to clients to want to improve their online presence or build one from scratch. He has worked with high profile companies, helping them move them to digital, both for in-housework, and for having a digital presence for their external stakeholders.
Learn Subscription Includes:
Sign up for your FREE TRIAL, And Explore Hundreds Of Courses.