ITIL® Service Design (SD)
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
About Individual Course:
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $30.00 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $34.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $34.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
In this advanced level certification course, students will be focused on the use of ITIL® processes and practice elements utilized within the Service Lifecycle context. The design process is vital to the continued improvement and development of services within the IT lifecycle. This course introduces participants to service catalogue, IT service availability and continuity. Students will also learn about service design technology as well as organization and implementation of service design. Good service design can improve the alignment of IT with the overall business and user needs and the certification will illustrate the importance of designing consistent service design practices in order to achieve this. This course also prepares the students for the ITIL® Intermediate Module - Service Design exam
The average salary for ITIL® certified IT professional is $96,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will have a working understanding of:
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Improve quality of service
- Improve consistency of service
- Ease the implementation of new or changed services
- Improve service alignment
- Improve service performance
- Improve IT governance
- Improve effectiveness of service management and IT processes
- Improve information and decision-making
- Improve alignment with customer values and strategies
This course is intended for:
- Who Wish to have a greater understanding of the ITIL® Service Design stage of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and how activities in it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Candidates are required to have completed the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Minimum of two years relevant IT experience.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Introduction to service design
- The purpose, goals, objectives and scope of service design, the business value of service design activities, the context of service design in the ITIL® service lifecycle and the inputs and outputs of service design including the service design package
Service design principles
- Service design principles and service composition
- The importance of, and approach to, balanced design and the requirements gathering for services
- Design activities, constraints and models, including the aspects of service design and the management of service design processes
Service design processes
- The managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the service design stage, excluding the day-to-day operation of the processes (covered in the Planning, Protection and Control Capability module)
Managing people through service designs
- The management of technology related activities commonly performed in the service design stage, including requirements engineering related to data and information management, as well as application management
Organizing for service design
- Service design roles, responsibilities and capabilities and techniques for assigning roles
- Technology considerations for service design including the types of tools that would benefit service design and requirements for service management tools
Implementing and improving service design
- Typical service design issues, prerequisites for success, and the six stage implementation approach
- Techniques including business impact analysis, service level requirements and risk assessment
Challenges, critical success factors and risk
- The challenges and risks facing service design and how critical success factors (CSFs) contribute to service design.
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||8 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt