Learn By Example: Hadoop, MapReduce for Big Data problems
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
14 HoursCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
| Learn Subscription |
7-Day FREE Trial
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
|Individual Course |
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
Taught by a 4 person team including 2 Stanford-educated, ex-Googlers and 2 ex-Flipkart Lead Analysts. This team has decades of practical experience in working with Java and with billions of rows of data.
This course is a zoom-in, zoom-out, hands-on workout involving Hadoop, MapReduce and the art of thinking parallel.
Let’s parse that.
Zoom-in, Zoom-Out: This course is both broad and deep. It covers the individual components of Hadoop in great detail, and also gives you a higher level picture of how they interact with each other.
Hands-on workout involving Hadoop, MapReduce : This course will get you hands-on with Hadoop very early on. You'll learn how to set up your own cluster using both VMs and the Cloud. All the major features of MapReduce are covered - including advanced topics like Total Sort and Secondary Sort.
The art of thinking parallel: MapReduce completely changed the way people thought about processing Big Data. Breaking down any problem into parallelizable units is an art. The examples in this course will train you to "think parallel".
Lot's of cool stuff ..
- Using MapReduce to:
- Recommend friends in a Social Networking site: Generate Top 10 friend recommendations using a Collaborative filtering algorithm.
- Build an Inverted Index for Search Engines: Use MapReduce to parallelize the humongous task of building an inverted index for a search engine.
- Generate Bigrams from text: Generate bigrams and compute their frequency distribution in a corpus of text.
- Build your Hadoop cluster:
- Install Hadoop in Standalone, Pseudo-Distributed and Fully Distributed modes
- Set up a hadoop cluster using Linux VMs.
- Set up a cloud Hadoop cluster on AWS with Cloudera Manager.
- Understand HDFS, MapReduce and YARN and their interaction
- Customize your MapReduce Jobs:
- Chain multiple MR jobs together
- Write your own Customized Partitioner
- Total Sort : Globally sort a large amount of data by sampling input files
- Secondary sorting
- Unit tests with MR Unit
- Integrate with Python using the Hadoop Streaming API
.. and of course all the basics:
- MapReduce : Mapper, Reducer, Sort/Merge, Partitioning, Shuffle and Sort
- HDFS & YARN: Namenode, Datanode, Resource manager, Node manager, the anatomy of a MapReduce application, YARN Scheduling, Configuring HDFS and YARN to performance tune your cluster.
- Analysts who want to leverage the power of HDFS where traditional databases don't cut it anymore
- Engineers who want to develop complex distributed computing applications to process lot's of data
- Data Scientists who want to add MapReduce to their bag of tricks for processing dat
- You'll need an IDE where you can write Java code or open the source code that's shared. IntelliJ and Eclipse are both great options.
- You'll need some background in Object-Oriented Programming, preferably in Java. All the source code is in Java and we dive right in without going into Objects, Classes etc
- A bit of exposure to Linux/Unix shells would be helpful, but it won't be a blocker
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Why is Big Data a Big Deal
- Installing Hadoop in a Local Environment
- The MapReduce "Hello World"
- Run a MapReduce Job
- Juicing your MapReduce - Combiners, Shuffle and Sort and The Streaming API
- HDFS and Yarn
- MapReduce Customizations For Finer Grained Control
- The Inverted Index, Custom Data Types for Keys, Bigram Counts and Unit Tests!
- Input and Output Formats and Customized Partitioning
- Recommendation Systems using Collaborative Filtering
- Hadoop as a Database
- K-Means Clustering
- Setting up a Hadoop Cluster
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||14 Hours|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST