LFS261 - DevOps Fundamentals: Implementing Continuous Delivery
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 820 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
This course covers the concepts of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD). It is designed for first time students of CI/CD processes and tools. The key concepts of CI/CD will be discussed in the course as a delivery pipeline. Each topic is introduced as stages in the pipeline, starting with the Build Phase, then Packaging, through Deployment. The course will also touch on more advanced topics in CI/CD, such as automated testing and deployment strategies (such as blue-green and canary deploys).
The labs will use multiple languages examples to show the workings of the CI/CD pipelines. There is an early example of using a simple Ruby application with GitHub and Jenkins. We then move on to more advanced labs using Java, Jenkins, and Artifactory. We also cover integration in the pipeline with products like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible, as well as some immutable delivery models using Docker. The course ends by covering some of the current SaaS-based CI/CD solutions, and the final lab will focus on integration of Travis CI and Heroku.
- Setting up a Github account and basic git command usage.
- Basic setup and usage of Jenkins for managing Continuous Integration.
- Example application pipelines utilizing the CI/CD process based in Ruby and Java.
- Setting up Artifactory for packages and a package repository as part of the CI/CD process pipeline.
- Using Chef, Puppet and Ansible to provision the deployment of artifacts in the pipeline.
- An overview of Docker and an example of an immutable delivery model using Docker as part of the CI/CD process pipeline.
- Utilizing SaaS based CI/CD tools with a sample Heroku based application that integrates with Travis CI.
- Web Developers
- App Developers
- Software Developers
- Basic Linux and system administration knowledge.
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||20 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|