LFS261 - DevOps Fundamentals: Implementing Continuous Delivery
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
15 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
DevOps is changing the way applications are built, tested, and deployed. This course, written by John Willis, author of the DevOps Handbook, will give you a basic knowledge of the process, patterns and tools used in building and managing a Continuous Implementation/Continuous Delivery pipeline. The included lab exercises will give the student the basic setup and configuration knowledge of how to setup a multiple language pipeline.
This course covers the concepts of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD). It is designed for first time students of CI/CD processes and tools. The key concepts of CI/CD will be discussed in the course as a delivery pipeline. Each topic is introduced as stages in the pipeline, starting with the Build Phase, then Packaging, through Deployment. The course will also touch on more advanced topics in CI/CD, such as automated testing and deployment strategies (such as blue-green and canary deploys).
The labs will use multiple languages examples to show the workings of the CI/CD pipelines. There is an early example of using a simple Ruby application with GitHub and Jenkins. We then move on to more advanced labs using Java, Jenkins, and Artifactory. We also cover integration in the pipeline with products like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible, as well as some immutable delivery models using Docker. The course ends by covering some of the current SaaS-based CI/CD solutions, and the final lab will focus on integration of Travis CI and Heroku.
- Setting up a Github account and basic git command usage.
- Basic setup and usage of Jenkins for managing Continuous Integration.
- Example application pipelines utilizing the CI/CD process based in Ruby and Java.
- Setting up Artifactory for packages and a package repository as part of the CI/CD process pipeline.
- Using Chef, Puppet and Ansible to provision the deployment of artifacts in the pipeline.
- An overview of Docker and an example of an immutable delivery model using Docker as part of the CI/CD process pipeline.
- Utilizing SaaS based CI/CD tools with a sample Heroku based application that integrates with Travis CI.
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||15 Hours|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's