VMware vSphere 5.5: Install, Configure, and Manage 5.5 (VMW-ICM5.5)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This hands-on VMware vSphere 5.5 training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere, which comprises VMware ESXi™ and VMware vCenter™ Server™.This VMware vSphere training is based on ESXi 5.5 and vCenter Server 5.5 and approximately 60% of class time is devoted to hands-on labs. Completion of this VMware vSphere training fulfills the prerequisite for the VMware vSphere certification - Certified Professional - Datacenter Virtualization (VCP5-DV).
- Deploy an ESXi host
- Deploy a vCenter Server instance
- Deploy a vCenter Server Appliance™
- Manage an ESXi host using vCenter Server
- Manage ESXi storage using vCenter Server
- Manage ESXi networking using vCenter Server
- Manage virtual machines using vCenter Server
- Deploy and manage thin-provisioned virtual machines
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere vMotion®
- Manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere Web Client
- Migrate virtual machines using VMware vSphere Storage vMotion
- Manage access control using vCenter Server
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server
- Manage VMware vSphere High Availability, VMware vSphere
- Fault Tolerance and VMware vSphere Data Protection™ using vCenter Server
- Apply patches using VMware vCenter Update Manager
- System administrators
- Systems engineers
- Operators responsible for ESXi and vCenter Server
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
1. Virtualized Data Center
- Introduce components of the virtualized data center
- Describe where vSphere fits into the cloud architecture
- Introduce VMware vCenter Single Sign-on
- Install and use vSphere Web Client
- Introduce virtual machines, virtual machine hardware, and virtual machine files
- Deploy a single virtual machine
- Introduce the vCenter Server architecture
- Introduce VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- Configure and manage vCenter Server Appliance
- Manage vCenter Server inventory objects and licenses
- Describe, create, and manage a standard switch
- Describe and modify standard switch properties
- Configure virtual switch load-balancing algorithms
- Introduce storage protocols and device names
- Configure ESXi with iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel storage
- Create and manage vSphere datastores
- Deploy and manage VMware Virtual SAN™
- Use templates and cloning to deploy virtual machines
- Modify and manage virtual machines
- Create and manage virtual machine snapshots
- Perform vSphere vMotion and vSphere Storage vMotion migrations
- Create a VMware vSphere vApp(s)™
- Control user access through roles and permissions
- Configure and manage the ESXi firewall
- Configure ESXi lockdown mode
- Integrate ESXi with Active Directory
- Introduce virtual CPU and memory concepts
- Describe methods for optimizing CPU and memory usage
- Configure and manage resource pools
- Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server performance graphs and alarms
- Introduce the new vSphere High Availability architecture
- Configure and manage a vSphere HA cluster
- Introduce vSphere Fault Tolerance
- Describe VMware vSphere Replication
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler™ (DRS) cluster
- Configure Enhanced vMotion Compatibility
- Use vSphere HA and DRS together
- Use vCenter Update Manager to manage ESXi patching
- Install vCenter Update Manager and the vCenter Update Manager plug-in
- Create patch baselines
- Scan and remediate hosts
- Introduce ESXi installation
- Describe boot-from-SAN requirements
- Introduce vCenter Server deployment options
- Describe vCenter Server hardware, software, and database requirements
- Install vCenter Server (Windows-based)
Approximately 60% of VMware vSphere 5.5 training class time is devoted to hands-on labs
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's