CompTIA A+ Skills and Knowledge
The CompTIA A+ certification serves as a foundation certification for IT professionals. This certification is extremely versatile as it covers a wide range of fundamental IT topics that are suitable for both experienced and inexperienced IT professionals of entry-level. Unlike other popular IT certifications available, the CompTIA A+ is a vendor-neutral certification. That is why it is perfect for those IT professionals who wish to get their IT skills validated and earn an IT credential that is globally accepted, which will also help them advance their IT career. The New A+ Core Series CompTIA recently replaced the A+ certification with a new A+ Core Series. In order to obtain the new A+ certification, you will now need to clear two new exams; 220-1001 and 220-1002 exam, respectively. Unlike the previous A+ certification exam, the new CompTIA A+ core series focuses more on practical knowledge and training needed for cloud computing, network operations, and management. The new CompTIA A+ certification covers the following key areas:
• Fundamentals of IT security such as physical and logical safety, in addition to spotting and removing any malware
• Installing and maintaining IoT infrastructure according to the latest networking protocols and benchmarks
• Ensuring smooth working and uptime of the network for all users
• Coordinating with programmers and coders to detect weaknesses in coding
• Ensuring data privacy
• Arranging mechanisms for data recovery after disaster management
• Setting up and configuring operating systems, peripheral devices and virtual machines
• Setting up basic computer hardware as well as networks for offices
• Maintaining the overall security of the company's operating systems
The CompTIA A+ Exam Pattern
The CompTIA A+ exam consists of MCQs and performance-based questions which help to evaluate both; the candidate's theoretical as well as practical knowledge. Both exams for the A+ certification consist of 90 questions in all, and the time duration provided is that of ninety minutes. CompTIA A+ Skills and Knowledge Apart from having fundamental computer hardware knowledge, IT professionals nowadays also need to have sound knowledge about different types of electronic gadgets and mobile devices. They also need to know how to troubleshoot, configure and set up computer systems, tablets, laptops, and smartphones. The new CompTIA A+ core series focuses on the basic skills and knowledge needed by aspiring IT professionals to understand the hardware of such gadgets and devices. Upon obtaining this certification, you will have acquired the following basic knowledge and skills:
1. Basics of switching, routing and network configuration Once you have successfully cleared your CompTIA A+ certification exams, you will acquire a strong command over the basics of routing, switching, and network configuration as well.
2. Configuring and cabling of peripheral devices You will also gain the necessary professional skills required to set up and configure peripheral devices and a basic understanding about the cabling procedure of those devices.
3. Fundamentals of cloud computing The CompTIA A+ certification also covers various fundamental concepts of cloud computing, such as deploying virtual desktops.
4. Troubleshooting skills IT professionals need to be always ready for fixing any unexpected network or security problems that may take place in the workplace. By learning necessary troubleshooting skills through the CompTIA A+ certification, you will be able to secure your network and protect your organization's IT department.
5. Installation of different operating systems With the new CompTIA A+ security certification, you will be able to achieve detailed knowledge about different types of operating systems along with their method of installation as well as their maintenance.
Beneifts of Getting A+ certified
CompTIA A+ certifications are perfect for acquiring basic technical knowledge and skills to establish your career as a skilled and reliable IT professional. Once you have achieved the CompTIA A+ certification, you will be able to perform a variety of different operations such as solving network issues, establishing and maintaining OS, electronic devices, etc. This certification is also beneficial for those who plan to move their careers into the field of cybersecurity or cloud architecture. The CompTIA A+ certification is usually preferred by those IT professionals who have little or no technical experience in network operations. Many people opt for this certification as it helps to create a strong base for earning more advanced level IT certifications. Moreover, this certification is also suitable for those beginners who want to establish a strong IT career in technical support and assistance. Promotion of Career Growth Of Experienced Pr
ofessionals At times, there are many IT professionals who already possess the necessary skills and knowledge required for technical support but may not be progressing in their careers. A CompTIA A+ certification is a great credential for such experienced technical staff who possess sound knowledge about technical support and are seeking better job opportunities. An A+ certification can help such professionals to validate and confirm their skills to potential employers worldwide as a skilled and trained professional. This certification is also a great option for those professionals who want to remain updated with the current IT trends and technologies that may not be currently adopted by their organization. Such a credential also provides opportunities for professional growth and development. Polishing Of Desirable IT Skillsets The CompTIA A+ provides you with thorough knowledge along with the desired skillset applied in all basic fields you may need to work in for tech support. Benefitting Non-Technical Staff The CompTIA A+ certification also helps the non-technical staff of an organization to gain the basic IT skills and knowledge needed to perform basic IT operations without the help or support of the company's IT department. The CompTIA A+ certification can help non-technical employees in the following key areas:
• Basic knowledge of network configurations as well as different types of operating systems
• Installation of different computer software and their upgrading
• To detect and fix any minor technical problems and errors in a software Final Word The CompTIA A+ certification offers exposure to a wide variety of general networking skills. For this reason, it is considered by experts to be the perfect step towards developing an interest in a particular area of networking and seeking specialization through more advanced level courses.
Jobs You Can Get with CompTIA A+
In this video, we have talked about a few IT jobs you can easily get after acquiring CompTIA A+ certification.