Microsoft Azure Certifications Path in 2019
Microsoft started changing and updating its certification paths since 2018 and finally revised and brought out its new certification path a year later in 2019. Although Microsoft has officially launched its new certification path, many IT professionals are still unable to completely understand the availability of new certifications and the prerequisites required for each credential. Unlike the previous certification path, the current one focuses more on the designation and function-oriented learning.
Earlier, these certifications also had some such topics that required those professional skills which were quite challenging for most IT experts to acquire and apply at their workplace.
The new certifications offered by Microsoft Azure in 2019, however, focus more on the daily operations and related skills of IT professionals in an organization. It is advisable to explore the various Microsoft certifications available, which are in great demand in the IT industry, to increase your professional growth and enhance your IT career.
The following certifications are offered in the latest Microsoft certification path of 2019:
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals (Exam AZ-900)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator (Exam AZ-103)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer (Exam AZ- 203)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (Exam AZ-300 and AZ-301)
- Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (Exam AZ-400)
- Azure Security Engineer Associate (Exam AZ-500)
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals (Exam AZ-900)
The Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals certification is an optional one for each Microsoft Azure certification path. It checks your basic knowledge of Azure products and services. There are no prerequisites suggested in order to qualify for this exam and is perfect for individuals with little or no professional experience in cloud computing and is specially designed for the non-technical staff of an organization. The following topics are covered in this exam:
- Cloud computing fundamentals
- Knowledge about different Azure products, services, and pricing
Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator (Exam AZ-103)
Earlier, the Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator certification included two exams; AZ-100 and AZ-101. However, in the latest Microsoft Azure certification path, you are required to attempt only one examination which is the exam AZ- 103. The Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator certification is ideal for those cloud Administrators who wish to get their skills globally validated in cloud storage, its maintenance and security in an Azure-based environment. This certification requires you to have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the following tasks:
- Efficient management of Azure tools and services
- Detailed knowledge about virtual machines
- Creation and management of virtual networks
- Ability to plan cloud migration strategies
- Ability to manage various types of mobile and web applications
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer (Exam AZ- 203)
Earlier there were two exams for this certification; AZ-200 and AZ-201. However, in the latest Azure certification path, you need to clear only one exam which is the AZ-203 to obtain this certification. In order to clear your Microsoft Certified Azure Developer certification exam, according to the current modifications, you need to have a detailed prior understanding of the Azure tools, products as well as technologies. This certification is recommended for those IT professionals who have at least a year’s practical experience of working in a cloud-based environment.
In order to clear the exam and earn this certification, you need to have sound practical experience as well as in-depth knowledge in performing the following tasks:
- Implementation of Azure-based storage solutions
- To screen and troubleshoot Azure-based solutions
- Manage connectivity of Azure solutions and services to services of third-party service providers
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect (Exam AZ-300 and AZ-301)
In order to achieve the Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect certification, you need to clear a total of two exams; the Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies exam and the Microsoft Azure Architect Design exam.
This certification is specially designed for experienced professionals who have in-depth practical knowledge and first-hand experience of performing various types of cloud operations such as data management, business continuity solutions, networking, budgeting, and virtualization support as well as disaster recovery procedures.
To earn this certification, you need to have practical experience and knowledge in performing the following tasks:
- To deploy and configure Microsoft Azure infrastructure solutions
- To implement workload-specific security
- To Develop Azure-based applications
- To provide data security services
- To deploy cloud management services
- To design workload management plans
- To design and develop an identities and security management plan
- To design and implement cloud data platform solutions
- To create an effective continuity plan
Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (Exam AZ-400)
The Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert is a new certification in the Microsoft Azure certification path in 2019. In order to qualify for this certification, you need to first clear any one of the certifications under the Microsoft associate-level certifications; Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator or Microsoft Certified Azure Developer certification.
Azure Security Engineer Associate (Exam AZ-500)
In order to obtain the Azure Security Engineer Associate certification, you need to clear only a single exam; AZ-500. This certification is specially designed for IT security experts who perform their IT operations in an Azure-based cloud environment. In order to obtain this certification, then, you need to have in-depth experience and sound practical knowledge about the following crucial IT security practices:
- To implement Identity and access management (IAM)
- To implement platform security architecture (PSA)
- To eliminate risk in business operations
- To implement application and data security
The new Microsoft Azure certification exams focus more on practical skills and capabilities rather than the theoretical knowledge of candidates. Apart from the MCQs, the new certification exam contains objective-based and short questions and answers as well.
Candidates are assessed for every exam on the basis of the cut score. Each of the exams by Microsoft Azure 2019 has a cut score of 700 only out of a total of 1000. It must be noted that this score of 700 points is calculated on the score scale and it does not indicate the percentage. It is not equivalent to 70%.