Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
10 Scrum Master Certification Exam Questions and Their Answers
In today’s challenging job market, it is important to know what skills and certifications you need to have in order to get hired. People who are interested in the field of software development know how important it is to have scrum master certification and to know about agile practices. People who are seeking certified Agile scrum master training should know all the concepts well because recruiters want certifications before hiring people. This article will talk about all there is to know about scrum exams.
Factors to Consider When Evaluating Scrum Master Certifications
There is no secret in the fact that certain certifications are preferred over others. However, it is important to understand the preferences as they will help you out with the recruiting process. It is important that you get your scrum certification from a renowned organization that offers good training. Other than choosing certifications, there are some other points that you need to take into account:
Be Committed to What You Are Doing
Companies always prefer employees that are committed to continuous learning when it comes to Scrum as well as Agile certifications.
Work on Team Continuity
Training, as well as certifications, help to establish team continuity. You should locate organizations that you want to work for and then meet the scrum master of the team. Make sure you ask them what certifications you need to pursue as that will help you to make an informed decision.
It is important you choose certifications that will help in enhancing your knowledge in the areas that you want to specialize in.
Learning about Scrum Master Certifications
When evaluating certifications, it is important to know where you are standing in your career. If you are opting for an entry level position, you can opt for CSM or CSPO. Some of the other certifications that you can consider include International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) and Scaled Agile Academy (Scaled Agile Academy).
Things to Consider When Choosing Scrum Master Certification Training
Here are some of the things that you need to take into account when opting for Scrum Master Certification:
- Is the organization credible?
- How long has it existed for?
- Are their certification recognized?
- Are their trainers good?
- Will their courses actually help you to learn?
Scrum Resources You Should Know About
Here are some of the resources that will help you out:
- “PMI-ACP Exam Prep, Second Edition” by Mike Griffiths
- “Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time” by Jeff Sutherland and J.J. Sutherland
- “Succeeding with Agile: Software Development Using Scrum” by Mike Cohn
- “The Elements of Scrum” by Chris Sims and Hillary Louise Johnson
- “The Scrum Field: Agile Advice for Your First Year and Beyond” by Mitch Lacey
Studying For Scrum
Here is how you can study for Scrum:
- Read the Scrum Guide, which lays out the overall Scrum framework.
- Read the Scrum glossary.
- Read Professional Scrum Masters, Professional Scrum Product Owners, and Professional Scrum Developers.
Practicing for Scrum
In order to practice for Scrum you can do the following things:
- Do practice assessments so that you can familiarize yourself with the content.
- Use scrum in the workplace as that will be the best form of practice.
Exam Tips to Help You Out
People who want to work in Agile Scrum Environment need to opt for Professional Scrum Master. Pick the right certification for yourself that is either certified scrum master or professional scrum master.
Here are some tips that will help you to ace your exam:
- Make sure you read scrum guided as it has questions and tips that will help you to clarify your concepts.
- Keep taking open assessments until you start scoring well.
- Join scrum communities and forums to have discussions with other people there.
- Take practice exams as they help you to learn.
- If you want to learn practical examples check out Evidence-Based Management Guide.
Tips to Appear for Exams
- Make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Pick a good time slot so that you can be relaxed while attempting the questions.
- Read the questions carefully.
- There are some tricky words in there so make sure you can differentiate between them.
- Time yourself while attempting the questions.
- If you get stuck on a difficult question, leave it for the time being and attempt it later on.
Exam Questions and Answers
Here are some questions and their answers that will give you a good idea about the exam format:
1. Scrum Framework doesn’t define which of these concepts?
- Daily Scrum
- Project Manager
- Scrum Product Owner
2. The product backlog is the responsibility of?
- Business Analyst
- Lead Developer
- Product Owner
- Project Manager
- Functional Manager
4. When it comes to Scrum Framework, which of these is not a typical artifact?
- Burn down chart
- Gantt chart
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Backlog
5. Where are the customer requirements stored?
- In a database
- In a Scrum Product Requirement Specification
- In the Product Backlog
- In the Sprint Backlog
6. What is not the part of the agile manifesto?
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Processes over people
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
7. The following concept is defined by the Scrum Framework:
a) Sprint Planning Meeting
b) Sprint Retrospective Meeting
c) Sprint Review Meeting
d) Daily Scrum Meeting
e) Mid-Sprint Status Review Meeting
- A, B, C, D, E
- A, B, C, D
- A, B, C, E
- A, C, D, E
8. The waterfall model has the following disadvantage:
a) End-Product has to be fully known
b) Some requirements are implemented at the start but are not needed
c) Each phase is strictly separated
- A,B, C
9. Why is a story board needed?
- This way you don’t need other reports.
- It serves as a communication tool.
- It helps to allocate tasks.
- It helps in restricting teams.
10. How should work be allocated in an Agile environment?
- Scrum Master gives tasks.
- Tasks are randomly given
- Tasks are given according to skills.
- Complex tasks are given by Team Leader
What to Do After Passing the Exam
Congratulations if you passed the exam! You must be thinking what to do next. Well, one of the best ways to go about is to go for advanced certifications as they will help you to tackle complex issues and complex teams.